We’re turning the clock back again this week to an episode I recorded in January of 2020 with my good buddy Dean Guedo, Canadian Sensation. Little did Dean and I know that not even two months after recording this episode, the whole world would be flipped upside down. The big question we centered our conversation around is, how do we merge old school, “dumb and strong” lifting sessions with a more new school emphasis on movement selection and movement quality?
Because frankly, hitting your strength, physique and performance goals should never be worth your while if you are having to sacrifice your health, functionality and well-being to do so. We then discuss the importance of cueing and understanding what you are trying to get out of an exercise. In other words, if you know how to coach and cue exercises well, then you can make training the intervention.
Listen in to learn how you can get really strong, build muscle and become an even better athlete while feeling your best.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [04:00] Dean’s Background
- [09:30] The never-ending pursuit of training
- [11:15] The transition from ignorant and dumb weight sessions to focused movement quality training and how to keep it fun
- [20:00] The badass psychological factor in sports, and turning off the switch
- [30:30] Specifics on Dean’s journey after powerlifting to fix himself
- [40:00] Taking what you need from others in the industry and remaining yourself
- [47:45] Dean’s programming for clients and interventions for injury prevention
- [01:10:35] Dean’s Resources
- Explore our free training samples here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/training-templates/
- Follow Dean Guedo here: https://www.instagram.com/walk.more.king/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your no-risk trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply "trial" to this email and I'll send you all the details. Oh, and here's a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.