Dr. Pat Davidson, exercise physiologist, strength and conditioning coach, author, consultant, traveling lecturer, and avid Patriots fan, joins the show today to drop some biomechanics knowledge bombs. Right off the bat, Pat and I get into his background, upbringing, and path towards becoming a strength and conditioning coach. Who would have thought those late-night bodybuilding shows with scantily clad attractive women could create such a mental savage?
Once we transition away from Pat’s background, we dive headfirst into rethinking the big patterns and biomechanics land. Pat is actually fresh off attending Bill Hartman’s The Intensive, so we get a rare insight into inhaled skeletons, exhaled skeletons, internal rotation, external rotation, the propulsion arc, and squatting. Finally, we cap it off with a small preview into the concept of phase change. We know, it’s kinda like blue balls dropping that in at the end. Sorry, we aren’t sorry.
13 min: When and how Pat found training
24 min: Embracing monotony in learning
30 min: Biomechanics models vs. physiology models and training
36 min: Rethinking The Big Patterns principals
45 min: Where we’ve been wrong about internal rotation
68 min: Phase change
Links and stuff:
- @dr.patdavidson on instragram
- @jamescerbie on instagram
- Rebel Performance
- Bill Hartman and The Intensive
- Mike Israetel
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 4 ways we can help you find your peak performance (and live up to your true potential):
1. Get 21 FREE program samples. Tired of second-guessing and overthinking your training? CLICK HERE to get 5 months of free workouts to help you unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism.
2. Buy a pre-made program. Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then GO HERE.
3. Join the Total Package Athlete Challenge. Want to work directly with me to hit a PR in your squat, bench, deadlift, vertical jump, broad jump, or 8-minute assault bike within the next 6 weeks? Then GO HERE.
4. Join the Rebel Performance Training Team. Want to work directly with me and my team to unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism (so you can start living at your physical peak)? Then GO HERE.