Ep 138: How to Never Stop Making Progress - the Seasons of Lifting and Why Phasing Your Workouts is so Important
Would you like to never stop making progress in your training?
Someone sent me an email recently letting me know they were making great progress for about a month and a half but unfortunately hit a wall and stopped seeing results. There can be a lot of different variables contributing to this, but one of the primary reasons we see that happen is because people don’t sequence their training appropriately (or, in some cases, at all).
And on the podcast today we’re going to break down what we actually mean when we say, “sequence your training.”
We unpack how you should sequence your training so you never stop making progress and seeing results and help you understand where the concept of the seasons of lifting come into play (hint: this will help make sequencing your training a breeze).
Tune in below to discover why sequencing your training is so important and how you can implement it to ensure you’re continuing to make progress and see results 💪
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [03:00] What does it mean to sequence your training and why is it important?
- [06:30] Understanding the law of diminishing returns and its role in your results
- [12:10] What does sequencing your training actually look like in the real world?
- [13:30] Seasons of lifting and how the different training cycles should flow
- [17:55] What happens when you switch your training focus
- [21:12] Why periodization becomes more important the more advanced you are in your training
- [22:20] What is meant by residuals when talking about periodization
- [25:50] The amount of work required to maintain a quality versus the amount of work required to develop a quality
- [28:45] How to maintain work capacity
- [34:00] A list of things you should never do in your training
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 4 ways we can help you improve your physique, health and performance.
👋 New here? Let me tell you how it works...
Are you new to Rebel Performance? If so, you probably have a few questions about who we are, what we stand for, what we do and how we're different from all the other ads, coaches and gurus out there - Click here to discover what Rebel Performance is and how it works (and to unlock some free gifts)
🚀 Join the LifeProof Athlete Lounge
It’s our new Facebook community where former athletes turned busy professionals discover how to improve their physique, health and performance - Click here to join
📱 Schedule a free Training and Nutrition Brainstorm
Grab a 15-minute slot on our Athlete Success Manager's calendar to discuss challenges, get some advice and figure out your next step for leveling up. This call is free and our gift to you - Click here to schedule.
💪 Join our 12 Week Rapid Results Program
If you'd like to work directly with me and my team to level up your physique, health and performance in the next 90 days, check out our 12 Week Rapid Results Program - Click here to learn more