Would you like to discover what weekly training split is right for you and your goals? Listen in to this week’s episode to hear the fellow Rebel Performance coaches, Ryan Patrick, Ryan L’Ecuyer AKA Meat Daddy, Keiran Halton, Lance Goyke and I talk all things training splits and understanding the flow of what a training week should look like to recover. The coaches and I share our tips and secrets behind how we help our athletes experience massive success in such a short period of time.
Too many times, we see people putting in the extra work, but the progress they want to see just isn’t there. This all comes down to stress management and knowing what your body needs in your training. We do a deep dive into the nitty gritty of what it means to appropriately balance your stress load over the course of a training week so that you’re in the best position possible to drive the most adaptation from your efforts. Listen in as we share how exercise selection plays a huge role in distinguishing the right training split for you. Ryan Patrick says, “It’s important to know what to include, but it’s more important to know what to exclude.” You should use your exercise selection on your training day to determine the stressor and how great it’s going to be.
What you'll learn in this episode:
- [03:30] Understanding when to apply stress
- [05:57] Bodybuilding stress management
- [07:45] Differences between bodybuilding and powerlifting stress management
- [09:10] Total body versus upper/lower training splits
- [10:40] Exercise selection
- [13:54] The 3,3 split
- [14:55] Stimulation day versus developmental day
- [18:30] Starting with the outcome
- [31:25] High volume phases followed by low volume phases
- [34:00] Final takeaways
- Follow Ryan Patrick here: https://www.instagram.com/coachryanpatrick/
- Follow Ryan L’Ecuyer here: https://www.instagram.com/lacurefit/
- Follow Lance Goyke here: https://www.instagram.com/lancegoyke/
- Follow Keiran Halton here: https://www.instagram.com/halton_performance/
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Explore our Free Training Samples here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/free-resources/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 4 ways we can help you find your peak performance (and live up to your true potential):
1. Get 21 FREE program samples. Tired of second-guessing and overthinking your training? CLICK HERE to get 5 months of free workouts to help you unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism.
2. Buy a pre-made program. Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then GO HERE.
3. Join the Total Package Athlete Challenge. Want to work directly with me to hit a PR in your squat, bench, deadlift, vertical jump, broad jump, or 8-minute assault bike within the next 6 weeks? Then GO HERE.
4. Join the Rebel Performance Training Team. Want to work directly with me and my team to unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism (so you can start living at your physical peak)? Then GO HERE.