Do you train consistently without seeing the results you want? If your training has hit a wall, today’s guest just might open your eyes. This week’s episode features Luke Vitale, a former collegiate lacrosse player and current trainee on our new Training Team. Luke just finished a training cycle with us and in his words, “The progress I made was stupid. I’ve never seen that kind of progress in such a short period of time.”
We dive into Luke’s major progressions and PRs he’s seen throughout this 12-week training cycle: 500 x 5 deadlift (old 5 rep max was 455), 275 x 5 bench (old 5 rep max was 255), 17 inches added to his broad jump, and 20 calories added to his 10-minute assault bike challenge. We then steer the conversation to Luke’s training background in playing lacrosse and how he enjoyed lifting; the effort was there, but he wasn’t seeing the results he wanted. Luke shares his experience writing his own programs and his frustrations he faced in always overcomplicating things. This episode is all about Luke’s journey from getting his training “out of the mud” and how he made it happen.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [02:45] An introduction to Luke Vitale
- [04:10] Diving into Luke’s PRs
- [11:05] Luke’s training background prior to Rebel Performance
- [14:00] What led Luke to stumbling upon the Apex Training Team
- [15:30] Overcomplicating programming
- [22:50] Surrounding yourself with people who push you
- [27:45] Lessons Luke took away
- [29:50] Using autoregulation in programming
- [33:40] Why you should join the training team
- Explore Sticks for Soldiers Lacrosse Tournament here: http://www.sticksforsoldiers.org/
- Follow Luke Vitale on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/lvitale_29/
- Check out our free resources here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/free-resources/
- Learn about the Training Team here: https://bit.ly/3eRHBlr
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 4 ways we can help you find your peak performance (and live up to your true potential):
1. Get 21 FREE program samples. Tired of second-guessing and overthinking your training? CLICK HERE to get 5 months of free workouts to help you unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism.
2. Buy a pre-made program. Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then GO HERE.
3. Join the Total Package Athlete Challenge. Want to work directly with me to hit a PR in your squat, bench, deadlift, vertical jump, broad jump, or 8-minute assault bike within the next 6 weeks? Then GO HERE.
4. Join the Rebel Performance Training Team. Want to work directly with me and my team to unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism (so you can start living at your physical peak)? Then GO HERE.