Ep 140: Hypertrophy Guide: Pecs
Want bigger, more defined pecs?
If so, then the episode today is for you.
We break down:
- What are the best exercises for pec hypertrophy
- What’s the ideal training frequency for pec hypertrophy
- How many total sets per week should you hit when training pecs
- Which is best - barbells vs. dumbbells vs. machines
- And much more…
Tune in below to discover a step-by-step hypertrophy guide for building and developing your pecs
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [05:40] What are the best exercises to choose from when focusing on pec hypertrophy
- [11:15] Why dumbbells may be a better option for you than a barbell
- [14:15] What’s happening at the pec during pressing
- [18:25] Favorite exercises for building the upper pec
- [23:00] How to do a pec fly efficiently
- [28:40] The order of operations for pec development: barbell vs. dumbbells vs. cables
- [33:15] How to appropriately set up dumbbell presses
- [34:38] Where dips fall into the pec development equation
- [38:18] How many times per week should you be hitting pecs and what should your working sets look like
- Check out the incline dumbbell bench press here
- Check out the incline cable bench press here
- Check out the low to high cable fly here
- Check out the flat cable chest press here
- Check out the flat dumbbell bench press here
PLUS Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you improve your physique, health and performance.
👋 Follow me on Instagram
I share tips every day to help you dial in your training and nutrition, so you can look good, move well and perform your best -- Click here to hang with me on Instagram.
🎙Listen to the podcast.
It's the #1 place to get strategies, tactics and quick wins to help you level up your physique, health and performance -- Click here to listen.
💪🏼 Join a 12 Week Rapid Results Program Cohort - next cohort starts Monday, 10/17 (limited to 8 people)
If you'd like to work directly with me and my team to transform your physique, health and performance in 90 days, join a Rapid Results Program cohort. We only bring on new clients 1x/month and limit spots to 8 people -- Click here to book a call and learn more.