If you’re looking to improve your ankle mobility, then this episode is for you. We often see people trying to improve their ankle mobility by doing ankle mobs and calf stretches, and quite frankly, that’s just not going to cut it. This is why I wanted to bring on the Rebel crew, Keiran Halton, Lance Goyke, and Ryan Patrick to sit down and debrief our approach on improving ankle mobility.
The four of us unpack how we view limited range of motion at the ankle and what the actual driver or contributor to that is. Listen in to discover how we go about improving ankle mobility so you can look good and move well.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [03:56] Cases where we’re actually going out and prescribing “ankle mobility”
- [05:38] Traditional ankle mobs
- [07:00] Non-traditional ankle mobs
- [09:10] Why someone’s ankles may feel “tight”
- [12:15] Why the calf turns on
- [14:34] Ways to decrease tone in the calf
- [17:05] Exercises to help optimize ankle mobility
- [22:43] Drills you can do to help optimize ankle mobility
- [24:11] Stiffness at the ankle
- Follow Lance Goyke here: https://www.instagram.com/lancegoyke/
- Follow Keiran Halton here: https://www.instagram.com/halton_performance/
- Follow Ryan Patrick here: https://www.instagram.com/coachryanpatrick/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your no-risk trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply "trial" to this email and I'll send you all the details. Oh, and here's a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.