Ep 129: 15 of the Most Underrated and Underutilized Exercises
Exercise selection plays a very important role in seeing results and making progress, and there are heaps of of underrated and underutilized exercises causing you to leave a lot of gains on the table.
This is why I wanted to bring on Rebel coaches Keiran Halton, Lance Goyke and Ryan L’Ecuyer to sit down and unpack our favorite (and extremely undervalued) exercises that are guaranteed to be found throughout our programming. We’re constantly bringing on new athletes and realizing that certain exercises are missing time and time again. Listen in to discover the exercises you should stop overlooking and start implementing in your training as soon as possible
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [03:15] Finding a squat pattern that allows you to actually chase output
- [04:17] The benefit of heel wedges
- [05:10] Utilizing a heavy single leg variation for your primary lift
- [11:18] Why the hand supported single leg RDL gets butchered
- [13:00] The underrated dead bug
- [15:30] Utilizing the wall supported foam roller squat
- [20:05] Why the half kneeling landmine press cleans up a lot of stuff
- [22:30] A pushup versus a well done pushup
- [24:15] Feeling a true weight shift
- [25:24] Why unilateral makes more sense in vertical pulling
- [32:44] Steering into the asymmetry of movements
- Follow Ryan L’Ecuyer here: https://www.instagram.com/lacurefit/
- Follow Lance Goyke here: https://www.instagram.com/lancegoyke/
- Follow Keiran Halton here: https://www.instagram.com/halton_performance/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your no-risk trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then go here.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply "trial" to this email and I'll send you all the details. Oh, and here's a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.