A common theme we see amongst people who love to train, lift, and be active is the difficulty in finding that happy medium to avoid getting banged up or burnt out along the way. This is why I wanted to bring on Doug Larson from Barbell Shrugged to pick his brain on the act of balancing your training so that you CAN train the way you want to train and live the way you want to live WITHOUT feeling beaten down in the process.
We talk all things injuries, moderating your passions, knowing the difference between training and competing, and understanding longevity and healthy aging. Listen in to learn the things you should be doing so that you can train hard and feel good.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [04:57] Intro to Doug Larson
- [09:58] The commonalities and lessons learned between the two worlds of martial arts and lifting
- [11:03] Understanding how injury and consistency correlate
- [12:10] Moderating your passions
- [16:50] The big rocks for doing the things you love while also feeling good in the process
- [19:08] Balancing learning, practicing and doing
- [22:24] The distinction between training and competition
- [25:22] The value of a coach
- [28:43] How often you should have labs run on yourself
- [33:44] Longevity and healthy aging
- [40:24] The need for a comprehensive approach
- [43:00] Where to find Doug Larson
- Check out our Pain-Free Strength Bundle here: https://tinyurl.com/ctc88tjh
- Follow Barbell Shrugged here: https://www.instagram.com/barbell_shrugged/
- Follow Doug Larson here: https://www.instagram.com/douglaselarson/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Check out the Barbell Shrugged website here: https://barbellshrugged.com/
- Apply for the Diesel Dad mentorship here: https://dieseldadmentorships.com
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your FREE 6-week trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply "trial" to this email and I'll send you all the details. Oh, and here's a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.