Here at Rebel, becoming more powerful is an outcome the majority of our athletes are chasing. This is why I wanted to bring on Rebel Coach Keiran Halton to sit down and discuss what may be the best power development exercise of all time, the trap bar jump.
Our discussion is centered around where the trap bar jump best fits in your program, what an appropriate weight selection would be for your goals, how many sets and reps you should be doing, and how often it should be incorporated in a training week. Listen in for a quick step-by-step guide on how to apply the trap bar jump effectively in your training program.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- [04:22] Knowing what things in the weight room correlate to on-mound velocity
- [05:47] Using the trap bar jump as a power exercise primer
- [07:10] How often a trap bar jump should be programmed in a training week
- [09:18] Transitioning the trap bar jump from single reps to continuous reps
- [13:10] Why repeatability isn’t a huge focus when it comes to trap bar jumps
- [16:40] Protocol to follow for a loading perspective
- Explore our free training samples here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/training-templates/
- Follow Keiran Halton here: https://www.instagram.com/halton_performance/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your FREE 6-week trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
3. Claim your FREE 6-Week Trial
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply "trial" to this email and I'll send you all the details. Oh, and here's a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.