Knees are a tricky subject, especially when dealing with pain. We tend to look at the knee joint entirely wrong, which results in the knee being completely mismanaged. A lot of the time, people are so quick to blame the knee, but in almost all cases, it’s not the knee’s fault. Joining me on the show this week is David Grey. I wanted to have David on the podcast again to break down knee pain and determine what some of the underlying drivers are (usually the hip, foot, and/or ankle).
It’s important for us to start looking upstream or downstream of the knee because the majority of pain tends to sneak in through the muscles above and below the joint. Listen in as David unpacks the big rocks of knee health and performance so you can stay pain-free and perform at your best.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [03:50] Intro to David Grey
- [06:45] The gap that was missing in pain-free training
- [08:15] Commonalities in those seeking help for knee-pain
- [09:01] Key things David looks for when assessing someone’s pain
- [13:10] Common rocks missing with respect to the knee
- [15:46] Why most people with knee pain aren’t doing single leg work
- [21:34] The inability to contract efficiently
- [24:39] Ways to build buy-in with breathing drills
- [25:24] The second quickest way to assess knee pain
- [27:14] Knee issues and the struggle to get the shin to travel forward and backwards in space
- [28:45] How little movement most people have in their shins
- [30:58] The purpose behind basic, non-sexy exercises
- [31:53] Why you need exposure to single leg work
- [36:44] Where and when you need extension to take place
- [38:05] Understanding muscle activity and the importance of relaxing
- [45:28] Where to find David Grey
- Explore our free training samples here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/training-templates/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow David Grey on IG here: https://www.instagram.com/davidgreyrehab/
- Check out David’s website here: https://davidgreyrehab.com/links/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your 90-day risk-free trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
3. Claim your 90-day risk-free trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply "trial" to this email and I'll send you all the details. Oh, and here's a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.