Do you sometimes feel rushed trying to get in the gym and get your workout in?
Joining me on the show this week is Rebel Coach Keiran Halton. Something we've noticed over the last quarter with a handful of our current athletes and new onboards is that life inevitably happens, and training schedules might need to be condensed. Priorities shift, and maybe you don't have the time to get in the gym for 60-75 minutes anymore. This DOES NOT mean you can't still see amazing results, even if you're spending a little less time training.
Keiran and I unpack building gradual habit changes in your training, the density protocol, getting rid of the fluff in your programming, and the problem with worrying about short, acute progress. Listen in to this week's episode as Coach Keiran and I lay out the different tactics and strategies we use with our clients who want to build muscle, get stronger and become more athletic, while on a time budget.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [04:27] Discovering the point in your life where your priorities start to shift
- [06:10] Being honest with yourself in knowing how much time you realistically have to train versus how much time you want to train
- [09:05] Building gradual habit changes instead of going full speed ahead
- [10:12] Why you should always put yourself in a position where you’re looking to add more instead of needing to cut out
- [11:45] Issues that arise when always worrying about the short, acute progress
- [12:47] Popular programming tactics and strategies we use for busy professionals here at Rebel
- [15:01] The rock, pebble, sand analogy
- [16:44] Why we like to use a density protocol in our programming
- [19:05] What the set and rep scheme looks like in a density protocol
- [22:10] The importance of always having a number to beat
- [26:47] Getting rid of the fluff in your workouts
- [28:15] Condensing your stress input signal
- Explore our free training samples here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/training-templates/
- Follow James Cerbie on IG here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Keiran Halton on IG here: https://www.instagram.com/halton_performance/
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your 90-day risk-free trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Join the RP Athlete Lounge
It's our new Facebook group where we show working professionals how to level up their strength, physique, and athleticism. - Click here.
3. Claim your 90-day risk-free trial to work with me and my team privately.
Want to work directly with me and my team to fast track your strength, physique, and performance gainz? Then go here to claim your 90-day no-risk trial: Click here.